The lower building nearest the camera was once the Grand Theatre. Built for Edward Garcia, and designed by a Mr Weldon, it opened as a circus on 29 September 1883 and then became a theatre. From 1916 until 1924 the building operated as a cinema, known firstly as the Palladium and then the Futurist. After […]
The water company is digging up the road at the junction of Deansgate and Peter Street. They’re replacing the old Victorian water pipes.